Thursday 23 February 2017

The Romantic Failure edition.


On St Valentines day I discovered these cute little flower boxes all over the City.
A post shared by Richard Ford (@richard.ford) on
They were to promote a dating app called Bumble. Bumble is unlike any other in that the woman must make the first move.This deals with the two greatest complaints about existing services- women feel overwhelmed by the volume of attention they receive. Men have the opposite problem.

I downloaded the app and paid for a subscription.

Then waited, and waited and waited.

Eventually a woman sent me a message. 'Hi'. That was it. I sent my wittiest reply with this limited input and received no response.

The problem with bumble (good idea though it is) is that it cannot change human nature. Women like to be seduced and prefer men to make the approach. All attempts at social engineering are defeated by human nature.

The thing driving Bumble is a desire to escape cultural game playing and I think this will eventually manifest in social revolution.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate the comments for spam but welcome contrary views.